Posted on | December 30, 2008 | 1 Comment
I don’t see the point of having a single new year ‘resolution’. I’d rather list a bunch of stuff that I’d like to accomplish both professionally and personally .. so here’s my list broken down as such:
- C++ is here to stay, its not going to go away, I may as well get used to using it.
- Broaden my Python and start with Objective CAML
- Spend more time with Linux KVM.
- Spend more time with GDB, I use only 1/5 of what it offers
- Speak Flex/Bison natively
- Finally write those PHP extensions I’ve been toying with
- Really (really) use autoconf as it was intended, this requires a few weeks with M4
- Balance work and family life much better
- Stop being such a pack rat
- Bathe more frequently without being prodded
- Find some place to teach, even for no pay
- Finally become somewhat fluent in Tagalog
- Try more foods even if I think they are gross, though I have eaten soup #5 (bull scrotum soup)
- Cook more
- Write more
- Start and maintain a photo journal blog instead of letting my camera collect dust.
That should be manageable. If I quit smoking, I’m just not going to tell anyone .. or everyone will ask “How are you doing with your smoking?”, which prevents me from ignoring nicotine cravings.